Building economic autonomy among young entrepreneurs and women in rural areas
Elyon is a Trust registered and operating in Kenya which aims at reducing poverty by empowering the very poor young entrepreneurs and women. This is achieved through mobilizing, training, organizing groups and facilitating small savings and access to micro loans. The individuals use the microloans to start or improve small businesses in agriculture and other small enterprises.
Elyon trust has identified three key instruments that are pivotal to its success. The first is the implementation of strict financial controls, a sound governance structure and distribution of resources to reach the very poor in the rural areas.
Our Target Group
Elyon focuses on the poor youth and women mainly in the rural areas who have otherwise no access to finance and banking services at all. The Trust brings together people of different cultures, religions, the women and the youth without prejudice. The population consists of the very poor who live on less than a dollar per day. Their saving capacity is low. Through mobilizing their small savings, these people are able to borrow small loans which have transformed their lives.
Mission Statement: To promote sustainable growth and financial autonomy among young entrepreneurs and women by identifying, designing and developing strategies which they can use to establish and run profitable income generating activities.
1) Integrity: We conduct ourselves professionally and ethically in all our relationships. Honesty and honor are our governing principals of all our dealings.
2) Members Focus: Members’ lives improvements and growth assures us of a future. We respond to the needs and requirements of our members expediently and professionally.
3) Excellence: The quality of our projects and services reflects on us and help us maintain long-term relationships with the members at grass roots, no matter their social economic status.
4) Innovation: We welcome new challenges for growth and development and respond to new technological advance.
5) Mutual Respect: The ability to listen from everyone is reflected in our mutual relationship all the members across the board. We care about the well being of all our members and give attention to detail.
We invite you to donate and HelpFund young entrepreneurs and women in rural areas.
Visit our website: http://elyontrust.kbo.co.ke/home
No backers yet. Be the first!